Dialogue poetry is an excellent and creative process to elicit a depth of comprehension about two characters or real people that you are studying.
Going back to yesterday's piece of children's literature we are going to model how two students sitting at two computers could demonstrate their knowledge of the relationship Nicky had with his grandmother.
You would ask your students to write a dialogue between Nicky and his grandmother with each child taking on the persona of one character. The two students each sit at a computer with a Google docs application. The first student writes a line such as:
Nicky: I really didn't want to be there.
The second writer then writes:
Grandma: I knew you felt that way, but I also knew I could change your mind.
And on it goes until you have 10-14 lines. It needs to come to a satisfying conclusion and demonstrate the situation clearly and with feeling (it is poetry after all.)
Try this interactive Google Story Builder.
No comments:
Post a Comment